Thursday, October 6, 2011

Zubik: "In the name of my brother priests, I want to say this collar is not a bull's-eye."

After a man accused Pittsburgh Bishop David A. Zubik of molesting him over two decades ago, the prelate immediately took to the airwaves yesterday (Wed., 10/5/11) to declare his innocence.
Addressing a flock of cameras and reporters, Bishop Zubik announced:

"Take a look at this collar. I've been putting this collar on every day for the past 40 years. In the name of my brother priests, I want to say this collar is not a bull's-eye."

"The accusation is false, offensive and outrageous," the bishop added. (See WTAE Philadelphia video.)
Indeed, law enforcement has now concluded that the accuser's claims are completely bogus. Beaver County District Attorney Anthony J. Berosh  told the Associated Press, "There was no factual basis for the allegation. No basis in law or in fact."
Berosh also added:

"I can assure you, based on 30 years of experience, I have never heard of a more convoluted, extenuated series of stories in order to justify the recollection of the now-made allegations against the bishop of the Diocese of Pittsburgh."
continue at TheMediaReport

HT GBHermit