Thursday, October 27, 2011

Campos-Duffy: Mom of eight explains why she shouldn’t have any kids

Brave or foolish? My six kids and I leave our home and visit the House.

In her excellent blog, “Why I never should have had eight children”, Leila Miller gives a spot on depiction of both the scorn and the sainting mothers of big families face from a culture that is utterly confused by why any sane woman in an age of readily available birth control would put herself through such a needless ordeal.

There are the nosey environmentalists who disapprovingly count my carbon footprints as they spill out of my minivan at the mall. And how many times have well-intentioned friends asked me if I think it’s “fair” on the children I already have to have another baby? And yet, how many times have my husband and I looked at each other across the room, six pleading, whining, crying children between us, and wondered how we got here, what have we done, and what would social services think if they walked in at that moment.
continue at Catholic Vote

Sean Duffy's seat is up for re-election in 2012