Friday, October 21, 2011

If I were running for parish council....

Someone's gotta be the dude.
... so as you might know, I'm a member at the Cathedral parish in La Crosse.  I've been asked(begged because of lack of interest) the last two times the parish council elections have come up to run because there were not enough people to run to fill the open seats(there ended up being a couple more people than seats).  Both times I said I was okay being on the ballot, but told everyone I knew not to vote for me because I did not have enough time.  To seal the deal I outed myself as a traddie.  This was my bio I think from last year.
Matt Korger is married to his wife Hollie of three years.  They have two sons and another baby on the way.[This guy is obviously not familiar with environmentalism and overpopulation..]  They live on the south side of La Crosse.  Matt works as an Analyst at SAP in downtown La Crosse and does website work on the side.[A geek, just what we need]  He began attending Cathedral while attending Western Tech College for Web Programming[does that unwashed miscreant think that kind of "education" (LOL) is something to make public?] and has been a member for around 10 years.  He joined in response to a bulletin ad reminding visitors to join if they attended Cathedral regularly.  At Cathedral he helps with website work[have you seen the website?  Terrible!  Can we elect to kick him out of the parish], fills in as altar server, and sings in the First Friday Latin Mass choir. [Latin??  umm...]  Matt describes himself as a traditionalist[OMG, you can NOT be serious!  Haven't we got rid of these looneys yet?  Get with the times, grandpa!].   He also manages the The Badger Catholic blog. [probably a hate monger and a bigot, trying to oppress women, especially those seeking ordination]
To my delight I lost again.   I've been too busy, but I was going to write an even "worse" bio, talking about instituting a weekly Traditional Latin Mass, restoration of the interior, reduction of communion ministers, placement of the tabernacle, you name it, all those kinds of things.  Something for everyone to dislike. I once offended someone from the parish by complaining about how hideous the Milwaukee Cathedral was.  It makes me feel like I should have entrance music like a WWF wrestler when I walk into a room, bad guy music. 

In other news, we are successfully transitioning to our new home in La Crosse this week.  I would like to be at the Pro-Life Wisconsin Auction Dinner this weekend and meet Walter Hoye but we are tied up.  Things are going well in that regard despite the fact we still haven't sold our previous house.  I think we will pray another novena to St. Joseph, or burn the house down and take the insurance money.  I haven't really decided yet.

With the house stuff clearing up I'm hoping to write a few posts I've been thinking about, like one on how to go about parish shopping and another on why I ended up going traddie.  I've got a rant or two up my sleeve. 

I'm doing some brainstorming on Badger Catholic 2.0.  I may be bouncing some ideas off of you my beloved readers.  Even you readers who can't stand me but want to know what's going on in Sconnie-land. 

I think I'm recovering well from the end of the Brewers season, although the thought of Bob Uecker retiring sends me into a frenzy.  I'll just busy myself with unpacking and Badgers/Michigan St. so as not to think about it.   Oh, and did you know Michigan was voted the #1 Catholic blogging state?