Monday, July 11, 2011

Go Brewers!

MJS: Celebrating the final out, a group of nuns enjoy the Milwaukee Brewers sweep of the Washington Nationals on May 25.
Credit: Tom Lynn
Badger Catholic naming his next child T. Plush?


The Brewers are in first place in the division(tied).  The closed out the first half of the season with a dramatic 9th inning come from behind victory against the Cincinnati Reds. 

It's hard to explain but I am more of a Brewers fan than a Packers fan.  Growing up, baseball was thee sport.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not jettisoning my Super Bowl Champs.  But baseball is just the better sport.  Most people prefer the instant and flashy football to the the patience and pedestrian baseball.  Baseball is America's pastime.  I one time tried to explain to a friend of mine how baseball is the Catholic sport.  It's a sport where you don't have to be the biggest or the strongest to be the best.  But I digress...

If you've never seen it, I recommend the DVD Champions of Faith.  It's a great telling of the role players Catholic faith plays into their daily lives as baseball players.  A couple stories are very powerful.

Back to the Brewers, two players will be starting in this weeks All Star Game - Prince Fielder who won the Home Run Derby in 2009 and Rickie Weeks.