Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Gravedigger plugs for Democrats

Hello this is Gilbert Brown, defensive lineman for the '97 Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers, calling on behalf of We Are Wisconsin. I have a message for you about Tuesday's election, I know a little bit about playing defense and right now it is time to defend Wisconsin. We are holding the line, putting our children's education before big corporate tax giveaways. It is up to voters like you to make the difference. Please gather your friends and neighbors and go to the polls on Tuesday from 7 am to 8 pm and support Nancy Nusbaum for Senate."
HuffPo

Gilbert Brown coaches the La Crosse Spartans indoor football team.  Last year he took a leave of absence to attend to family matters.  I haven't heard if he is returning next season. 

I have had one Packers jersey up until last year, the named.  He has always been one of my favorite players.  He played half his final season with the Packers with a torn bicep.  Heroically under-appreciated and overachieving he made the difference in the Packers Super Bowl runs in the '90s.  Plus he shares a name with our dear GKC... </ouch>

As one friend stated "Part of me just died."