Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Picking my brain and not my nose

So I just want to take a second to thank Virginia for another fantastic week of posting.  She says she's not attempting to usurp yours truly but I still have my doubts.  If you see the Italian Kingdom coat of arms start appearing as the blog template.... you know the revolution has happened. 

I'm down from 12 hour to 10 hour days at work.  I feel like I'm regaining some of my sanity.  All of this logical thinking makes me feel so German.  Now I just need some theses to nail to a door, a few cuss laden tirades against the pope, and a pinch of alcoholism and I'll be all set.

I'm still way behind on emails, but I will be following up with everybody in the upcoming weeks. 

My family and I will be moving to a larger house with more bedrooms for lots of babies.  Don't tell Joe Biden, or he'll be on my doorstep with some scissors and a rubber band. 

My car broke down in Baraboo.  Was it the Masons or possibly former Marquette President, Fr. Robert Wild?  I haven't figured it out yet.  Really, there's probably a top ten list of people who have no idea who I am but wouldn't like me if they read this blog.  I will pour some exorcised salt in the gas tank to see if that helps.  

Taking my wife on a date tonight.  I think we'll go to the liberal haven of The Bodega.  She has asked me not to get up on the table and go on a tirade about Polka Masses.  My response: we will see

"I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else."
— G.K. Chesterton